Name:
Location: California, United States

freelance writer who appreciates sarcasm and wit

Tuesday, April 26, 2005

idiots

why, oh why, are there so many idiots in the world? take the editor of a popular local zine i write for. so i'm writing a story about old people, and i interview a local authority/doctor on the subject, so after she reviews the story, she asks me how old the doctor is!!! hello! he's not one of the seniors i profiled, who the hell cares how old the expert is? is it just me? i've had issues with editors in the past as well. one wanted to turn an interesting piece on famous/infamous celebrities who've been busted for prescription drug abuse into a tabloid story. one wanted me to get the photos for the story--something they did not pay me for and had their own in-house art dept. that could have easily done so for them. what gets me the most is when i file a story early or on time, and then the editor gets back to me months later with questions. um, hello. i do a lot of stuff and that was like 10 stories ago. but hey, at least i'm my own boss and when someone pisses me off, i don't have to work with them anymore. the beauty of freelance work. tomorrow i get my cast off, and then all hell breaks loose. i have seven stories due in the next two weeks, plus a bunch of query ideas i've been sitting on that i need to get out there. between that, we have to buy a car, deal with mother's day, komen race for the cure, and visit our friends who just had a baby yesterday. the good news is we went to the gym again this morning. two days in a row! of course, i was in bed at 645pm last night because i was so tired, but hey, we're doing it. and i got my "core secrets" workout, which i will be starting this week. i informed mike of my plan to drop #s this summer, and his response was "why?" i love that he accepts my no-boob, scarred to hell, beat up body without question. he once told me (post cancer) that he can't even look at boobs anymore because he just thinks they're all cancer factories. thank god he's a butt guy, because i have plenty!i read a great article in violet yesterday about mommy groups and it pretty much summed up how i felt at lunch the other day--the figure 8.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home