Name:
Location: California, United States

freelance writer who appreciates sarcasm and wit

Tuesday, January 17, 2006

loss

mike found out yesterday that one of his coworkers (the nicest young guy--always says, "that's AWESOME!") was driving home from the coast with his family (wife and two kids) and another car hit theirs and one of their sons died after complications from a coma (the details are fuzzy, but that's the gist). these people are younger than i am and are now dealing with the death of their child. i can't imagine what that must be like. i went to the florist today and picked out an azalea bush to send them--i liked the idea of something they could plant versus something that would wither and die (flowers).

totally unrelated subject

my dad called this morning to inform me that my mom asked my sister for my phone number and she didn't give it to her out of respect for my privacy. all of which i find comical, because it's not like i'm in witness protection or something. if my mom had wanted to talk to me in the last 10 years, i figure she would have called by now. it was more that she wanted me to know she was going through the motions. and when my dad told me all this, i said, "why does karen (my sister) have my number?" which pretty much tells you all you need to know about my relationship with her. they are both wacko and i haven't talked to either of them in many, many years.

totally unrelated subject

is it weird that i (gently) bite my cats on their necks? is it weird(er) that they like it?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home