Name:
Location: California, United States

freelance writer who appreciates sarcasm and wit

Monday, March 20, 2006

spring cleaning

this past weekend i let go of my old size-o, 2, 4 and 6 bod(ies) and came face to face with the fact that, as my gyno so lovingly puts it, i've put on weight like a man (on the stomach, with some butt and leg action as well). i guess it's a good thing i got rid of my belly button ring a few years ago, because it wouldn't be quite so cute on my pale flabby belly these days. but back to my realization, which was that i'm never going to fit into all my cute tiny clothes anymore, so i scoured my closets and got rid of tons of clothes. i now have a trunk full of goodies to take to weave. mike was horrified at all the stuff i was getting rid of, until i got to the bottom of his fear--that i was going to go shopping to replace everything. nope. although i did buy two tank tops and two swim suits at target this morning. the swim suits were necessities for my summer in the pool, but the tanks, well, they were for ny. we also discussed the tattoo i plan to get next year for my five-year survivor status (the chinese symbols for "survivor" on the nape of my neck). while on our beautiful saturday morning 5 1/2-mile walk, mike and i realized that at my skinniest (105 pounds seven years ago) i was miserable, and that's why i was skinny. i guess i'm one of those people who, when happy, get fat. well, that plus the menopause, which certainly does not help one bit. wait until my female friends discover how sucky menopause is.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home