Name:
Location: California, United States

freelance writer who appreciates sarcasm and wit

Friday, May 12, 2006

does cane equal able?

my pt gave me a choice: crutches, a walker or a cane. kind of a no-brainer if you ask me, so i now have a cane, just like my dad. mike has been loving it, grabbing the cane whenever i'm not using it and hobbling around the house stooped over like an old man. although the cane isn't great news, the therapist did say he thinks that i over-stretched my tendons/ligaments and won't need surgery and that it should "scar up and heal nicely" in 12-16 weeks. which will give me just enough time to get some progressively longer walks in before our trip. and mike and i have agreed that it's probably best if i stay off my bike and don't run until after we get back, just in case. i have been cleared to swim, as well as use the bike at the gym to try to pump the fluid out of my knee, although i can't even do one revolution so i just keep swinging my leg up and back like an idiot. but i think i will be able to make a turn soon, i can feel it. and i'm trying swimming today, after i slather myself with spf 45, that is. but the big bummer is no race for the cure this weekend, because i'm not supposed to walk for exercise yet. i guess we'll just have to watch it on tv...

1 Comments:

Blogger Sheri Reed said...

ugh! i'm so behind...

10:57 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home