Name:
Location: California, United States

freelance writer who appreciates sarcasm and wit

Sunday, September 23, 2007

itchy boat

even since chemo, i have broken out in hives when the weather turns cold. hives that last all winter and drive me about up the wall.

i get them on my eyelids, the tops of my feet, all over my torso, on my knees and elbows, etc.

it ain't pretty, that's for sure.

i've tried every OTC remedy out there, and Alavert seems to work the best.

but this season, when the hives cropped up a week or so ago, i started taking the Alavert and it's just not doing the job. i still itch. i'm still bumpy. and now i'm grumpy to boot.

so i did what i do when faced with any ailment and went online looking for more info. i have been self-diagnosed with Cold Urticaria .

i have also emailed my oncologist to see if it is in fact chemo related, and if so, what the hell i'm supposed to do about it other than "live with it," as is often the case when post-chemo fallout occurs.

although i'm sure there's no magic pill to fix it, it would be nice to know it's not a reflection on some underlying condition, and that there are others in the same boat as me.

the itchy boat.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home