Name:
Location: California, United States

freelance writer who appreciates sarcasm and wit

Tuesday, May 03, 2005

waiting

i had an interview scheduled this morning, but of course the guy wasn't ready so now i'm waiting for him to call me back. at least it will be on his dime, but it still irritates me. after all, one of the (many) reasons i quit the corporate world was so that i did not have to fall victim to others' schedules anymore. at my last job, the one that almost killed me with stress and i partly blame my cancer for, my boss was notorious for making everyone work around her lazy-ass schedule. and i've had many, many more bosses like that. in fact, the only boss i've ever had that was an even earlier bird than i am and respected it was cynthia--one of the many reasons she's one of my all-time fav bosses and why we're still friends to this day. she is one cool, hip mama friend, and although i love visiting her in san diego, i so wished she still lived in sac, because now that i'm older/wiser, i think we would hang out more than we did when she lived here. she is one of a handful of women that i both respect/look up to and admire for all she does in family/work. and, of course, her kids are damn adorable. and her hubby. she's the sister i wish i had. well, my client just called and he rescheduled, and i can't exactly blame him because i had to do the same thing to him last week when i optimistically thought the day i got my cast off i would be able to write. ha! no such luck. but the hand/wrist/arm is about 40 percent back now, so i'm scratching away and of course typing like mad.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home