Name:
Location: California, United States

freelance writer who appreciates sarcasm and wit

Thursday, May 18, 2006

books

i blame my dad for my need to compulsively hoard books. yesterday i went to tower books and bought some new reads for the summer, which will most likely only last a month or so. i bought the tipping point, 102 minutes, marley & me, and the da vinci code (to see what all the hoopla is about).

but right now i have to finish Lighting Up : How I Stopped Smoking, Drinking, and Everything Else I Loved in Life Except Sex. which does get me some weird looks at the gym, but it's so good.

and yes, i've been cleared to add the elliptical trainer to my workouts at the gym. still no weight bearing in the form of walking, running and leg weights though. the mri is sunday, but my pt now thinks it may involve my meniscus, which could require surgery to repair. i told him i was willing to give up running (let's face it, it's not really running anymore, it's more like slow jogging), but i have to be able to go for long walks still. if i have to never run again in order to avoid surgery, i'm fine with that.

and tomorrow is "the lunch" with my dad and sister (haven't seen her in six years). should be interesting.

2 Comments:

Blogger Sheri Reed said...

can i borrow two of those books?

must hear about the LUNCH!

11:03 AM  
Blogger writnkitten said...

of course! which ones sparked your interest?

11:08 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home