Name:
Location: California, United States

freelance writer who appreciates sarcasm and wit

Friday, December 28, 2007

blah humbug

christmas was awful. i ate chinese food by myself. maybe it was a glimpse of a future christmas? i don't know, but whatever it was, it sucked.

mike and his mom went to see THE BABY. it's all about THE BABY. or really, it's all about mike's mom and her wanting to see THE BABY every chance she gets, so long as it involves my husband carting her around. i think he was a chauffeur in another life.

no, i still have not seen THE BABY. i probably never will, at this rate. because even if we could sneak away for a day without my m-i-l, there's still the d-o-g to deal with. which is why i stayed home in the first place. because to board her costs $, and to ask friends to watch her is a recipe for disaster. or a good way to lose friends.

i did go over to the cousins' house for what was supposed to be christmas dinner, but turned out to be me watching all of my other in-laws exchange gifts for two hours while i sat there with a smile plastered on my face and then excused myself and went home, because we still had not eaten and i was about to start eating my arm. i feigned a headache and headed home. and wished i had just stayed home to begin with.

i have my hopes pinned on nye, when we are going to dinner at moxie, to salvage what would otherwise go down on record as one of the worst holidays i've had since i've been married. well, besides 2001, when i was diagnosed with cancer the day after christmas. that was the worst one ever in the history of christmas.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home