Name:
Location: California, United States

freelance writer who appreciates sarcasm and wit

Tuesday, May 10, 2005

100 reasons

i have a conservative friend/acquaintance who, for the most part, i have nothing in common with except for the fact that i filled her shoes in two jobs. she worked at pcbc, and when she quit there to go to search, i got the pcbc job. then when she quit search to have her second kid, i took her job at search. both jobs sucked. now she has four kids (she just had twins not long ago) and lives in elk grove in a cookie-cutter with her accountant husband. don't get me wrong, she's a really nice person. anyway, the last time she was at my house, she wanted to see my desk in my office, and there was my "the only bush i trust is my own" bumper sticker on my monitor, and my big "100 reasons not to vote for bush" poster on the wall. although she knows i'm liberal, we steer clear of politic talk for very clear reasons. today the sun is out and i'm in no mood to work. why do i not take these slow opportunities to get ahead, and instead fritter my days away until i have deadlines looming? and why is it that some of my best work is the end result of the last minute crunch? i so did not used to be this way. but then again, i used to have to dress up for work and sit in a cube and listen to boring people talk about boring things in meetings all day. but i never procrastinated. go figure.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home