Name:
Location: California, United States

freelance writer who appreciates sarcasm and wit

Wednesday, June 29, 2005

inadequacies

sometimes i feel like everyone is smarter than me, writes better than me, gets better work than me, has better novel ideas than me, is skinnier than me, has better clothes/hair/shoes than me, yadda, yadda. while my brain knows this is not true, i have a hard time because i feel like i keep receiving teeny tiny blows to my ego, that when added up equate to a very large kick in the gut. which is why i'm so happy i started tai chi last night, because for at least on hour, i wasn't thinking about everything and was only focused on my breathing and small body movements, which was so relaxing. today is another crazy day of running around and then tomorrow is a baseball game, then friday, which means the week is over and i'll be back to stressing about deadlines and all my shortcomings. ugh!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home